Electric Car Burns Up During Burnout Contest

While preforming in a burnout contest Saturday in Metz, France an electric car caught fire and burned beyond repair.
Car Fire

The car was newly converted to electric at a Metz university campus. The students had brought the car to a small local car show to display is power. One of the students reported that a short in the wiring had caused the interior to catch fire under the heavy load of power used to perform the burnout.

The conversion of the car to electric had an estimated cost of 14,000 Euro. “We just wanted to show everyone the power of an electric car”, Said one of the students. I guess they showed more power than expected.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *