If you want a good cheap replacement for your Philips DVP642 DVD Player and have an HDTV you might want to give this player a look.
The Philips DVP5960/37 HDMI DVD Player has HDMI out with up-conversion. It plays most formats including Divx 6 and XVID files. One nice feature is a USB input that lets you play Divx files from a thumb drive or hard drive formatted in fat32.
UPDATE- Use this link and use Google checkout for first time with the site and get the Philips DVP5960/37 HDMI DVD Player for $49.99.
To make Region Free.
1. Turn on the unit
2. Open the loading tray
3. Press the “Setup” button on the remote
4. Navigate to the “Preferences” page using the right arrow key
5. Enter 138931
6. You will now see the current region code displayed
7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or “0” for all regions
8. Press the “Setup” button on the remote
9. Press “OK” on the remote